Replica Watches

That Tissot's an automatic, so you've already got a good traditional watch.
The other two are pretty decent.
I guess with a watch, you see it and just know it's the right one. In your case, you don't need to get a fake and swank around pretending it's real, you're getting something that brings back memories.

I echo the comments on the Tissot. A genuine, Swiss-made, automatic watch that looks really good. I'd love to see it on a NATO strap, 'Bund' style leather strap or one of the 'holey' rally style leather straps. I cannot wear rubber or steel straps so perhaps that's why my preferences lean towards these.

You should check out Timefactors website for some really cool, British-assembled, niche watches. Lots of lovely creations in there for not a lot of pocket digging.

Still too rich for me though - Citizen Eco-drive with a leather strap is my usual. My favourite ever watch was my Grandad's Swiss-made, Rotary mechanical wind up. Looks, memories, everything but too many expensive repairs later, I called it quits and it sits in a drawer now.

Have to say I'd love a vintage, refurbished Smith's pocket watch especially with a Harris Tweed waistcoat!

dodgy said:
Rather than a knock off, there's some decent Panerai homage watches. They just don't have the name on em, but still look good and keep time just fine.

I got myself one about 6 months ago from a place I will link to. Good place to deal with, and zero problems with the watch. Only thing is, you might wanna upgrade on the band sometimes, depending on the model.

See whatcha think: http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

Excellent, thanks Martin. There are one or two that have taken my fancy, they look great. The prices are also very reasonable. I think that I might buy myself one!

James.

dodgy said:
Rather than a knock off, there's some decent Panerai homage watches. They just don't have the name on em, but still look good and keep time just fine.

I got myself one about 6 months ago from a place I will link to. Good place to deal with, and zero problems with the watch. Only thing is, you might wanna upgrade on the band sometimes, depending on the model.

Excellent, thanks Martin. There are one or two that have taken my fancy, they look great. The prices are also very reasonable. I think that I might buy myself one!

James.

Glad the Tissot met with some approval! I've just ordered another! (Visodate, silver dial). I ordered a Bulova Accutron Calibrator as well, as it was listed for a ridiculous price (I couldn't help myself!), but unfortunately just got an email saying that it's out of stock. Probably a good thing as I was heading slightly 'off piste'!

Jamesc said:

James.
[/quote]

Hi there,

Keep in mind the communications may be a little slow and if you don't get an order confirmation within 4-5 days then let the guy know. Otherwise it should be smooth sailing.

Hi,

I missed the opportunity to buy a genuine Longines La Grande Classique recently at a very reasonable price. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't buy it so, I was having a look around to see if it was on sale anywhere. Anyway I found a copy for just over £100 that I am considering buying until such time that I can afford to buy the genuine article.

The website offering the replica is Fad-Watches:
http://www.fad-watches.com/silver-dial-round-longines-l47094722-high-quality-unisex-watch.html

Has anyone heard of the company or better yet, used them?

Thanks,

James

Jamesc said:
Hi,

I missed the opportunity to buy a genuine Longines La Grande Classique recently at a very reasonable price. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't buy it so, I was having a look around to see if it was on sale anywhere. Anyway I found a copy for just over £100 that I am considering buying until such time that I can afford to buy the genuine article.

The website offering the replica is Fad-Watches:
http://www.fad-watches.com/silver-dial-round-longines-l47094722-high-quality-unisex-watch.html

Has anyone heard of the company or better yet, used them?

Thanks,

James

I'd be interested to see if anyone in the UK has used Fad. Two problems I can see is the duty and also as they are fake they could be picked up by customs.

Northam Saint said:
I'd be interested to see if anyone in the UK has used Fad. Two problems I can see is the duty and also as they are fake they could be picked up by customs.

I hadn't thought about customs confiscating the watch, that's a concern. I wonder how much they scrutinise the items that pass through their hands?

As for the seller, I'm not exactly sure how to verify their credentials. They have feedback on the website but that could be easily fabricated.

James

Jamesc said:
Northam Saint said:

I hadn't thought about customs confiscating the watch, that's a concern. I wonder how much they scrutinise the items that pass through their hands?

As for the seller, I'm not exactly sure how to verify their credentials. They have feedback on the website but that could be easily fabricated.

James

Reading the FAQ's, they have a "special way", expect they lie on the shipping note.

I do like the Bell & Ross BR-01 they have.

Just an update to this fairly old post for anyone remotely interested. I didn't buy a replica in the end, but after lots of searching I happened upon a rather nice Roamer which is almost exactly what I wanted. Not an automatic movement unfortunately but looks wise it's spot on and from a decent company to boot.

Back
Top Bottom