Rod Neep

Rod Neep, what a nice guy!
nothing is too much trouble for this man, i wanted a shaving brush made from oak as he didnt have any on his site i sent a email asking if he ever used oak,he said he did but hadnt any .
an email later and rods been out looking for suitable oak lucky for me he has a nice old piece out back ,hopefully i now have found my oak brush
well done and thankyou Rod ive now bought a soapstone brush and would like deerhorn brush from him .
regards ian

Flattery works every time :icon_cheesygrin:

1077-oak-tulip1-600.jpg

Interesting little story behind this one...

Ian asked for oak... but I didn't have any. So I started to search.... and deep in the back of the shed was a big dark heavy lump of wood. I have no idea where it came from, but my wife gathers all sorts of anything called "wood" for the woodburner. This lump was too big and too hard for the fire, and so it has just sat there for a few years.

Son #1 was miffed because... "I use that under the jack when I want to lift my MGB up further!"

So I rescued it and started to cut it up....
oak1.jpg

oak2.jpg

Yup... oak... and with some nice flame to it.

I turned it to shape before dinner.... came back afterwards to read the forum.... and there's this fella making nice noises about me. So I just had to finish it, didn't I? :icon_cheesygrin:

Rod

rod is bad news for any shaver with a budget. As are the other craftsmen on this forum. Does one want to choose between neep, beejay, henk for a brush? Or between Prof B, nanny and henk for soap? We are just lucky they are not making razors (yet) but Jamies razor makes me want to start with straight razors. I have understood that these can be exceptionally bad for budgets.:-/

mrkiii said:
rod is bad news for any shaver with a budget. As are the other craftsmen on this forum. Does one want to choose between neep, beejay, henk for a brush? Or between Prof B, nanny and henk for soap? We are just lucky they are not making razors (yet) but Jamies razor makes me want to start with straight razors. I have understood that these can be exceptionally bad for budgets.:-/

didn't know henk made soap

have you got a link to a website or the soap he makes?

Back
Top Bottom