Rolls Razor DeLuxe A find.

Never seen anything like this before, needless to say I had to purchase it. Once I've spent a good few hours honing and stropping it's going in the rotation. Anyone know anything about this set, maybe a value? Not that I plan on selling it of course, I think it's amazing.

1E9H6zqh.jpg

Exovolt said:
Never seen anything like this before, needless to say I had to purchase it. Once I've spent a good few hours honing and stropping it's going in the rotation. Anyone know anything about this set, maybe a value? Not that I plan on selling it of course, I think it's amazing.

1E9H6zqh.jpg

WOW - looks really nice - where did you find it ?

Also, what model is the razor - I believe there were 3 :

The most common model was the Imperial no.2 and was nickel plated version; the Imperial no. 1, was a silver plated model, and the Imperial no.3, a stainless steel model.

There is a bit of a write up here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/The-Rolls-Razor-/10000000010241212/g.html

I found it purely by chance in an antique shop. It's the stainless steel version, it says 38 on the spine of the blade so I'm guessing that's the year it's from.

yes 38 would be the year 1938, also there are Viscount models as well, Its only the Patterns on the box and edges of the box different but the blade, hone and strop are same. Latest models are half the weight. There are various accessories and casings some are in hard box some are in Leather bags with the pocket for spare blade. I think they are cool and interesting.

I have one. It's just the Imperial number 3 set. In nice condition although the strop was very dry but I fixed that with some fairly aggressive strop paste. Had the blade professionally honed by Neil Miller and it worked much better but is still not a client shaver by modern standards - for me anyway. I haven't used mine for nearly two years. Mine is dated to 1951 thanks to a little note from the manufacturer inside.

Back
Top Bottom