S.O.T.D. Saturday 19th March to Friday 25th March 2016

Yesterday's SOTD.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that I don't understand how to draw proportions - or well, how to draw really :)

Now guess what on earth this is:
25871o5.jpg

Answer here:
Click image to enlarge

157ghsh.jpg

Posting today's quick sketch also proves that I have no shame whatsoever.

I asked a friend this afternoon, without providing any context, what she thought I had drawn and her reply was:
"It's like a hammer or maybe something you use in the kitchen like a potato peeler. I dunno"

It is a terrible drawing? Sure. I don't think this is guessable :)

fxfepw.jpg

And the reveal here:
Click image for larger version
1zyzbqs.jpg

Yesterday's SOTD.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that I don't understand how to draw proportions - or well, how to draw really :)

Now guess what on earth this is:
25871o5.jpg

1907 Ever Ready Lather Catcher, naturally :D

Paul, you really need a brown handle, same shape as the others (just for completeness)

I do, don't I? I have asked the retailer, but I doubt they'll swing much weight with the folks who produce these. In the meantime, I've bought a wooden handled one which is similar.

I don't mind as the brown case came along after the other five and after I'd formed the idea of buying the colour-coded brushes. I can treat it as a special case; a Deluxe Deluxe, if you will. It's of an age that really suits the brush I paired with it.

Posting today's quick sketch also proves that I have no shame whatsoever.

I asked a friend this afternoon, without providing any context, what she thought I had drawn and her reply was:
"It's like a hammer or maybe something you use in the kitchen like a potato peeler. I dunno"

It is a terrible drawing? Sure. I don't think this is guessable :)

fxfepw.jpg

Doh! Blue tip! I had black tip Superspeed ... must have been thrown off the scent by the colour of the ink, damn it!

Back
Top Bottom