S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th May to Friday 5th June 2015

Aristocrat Jnr
Supermax Super Platinum
Bestshave Horse Brush
Edwin Jagger Lime & Pomegranate Shaving Cream and Aftershave lotion.

Got a few samples of the Edwin Jagger creams so gave one a run out today. A small dollop of cream easily provides enough lather for 3 passes and I did enjoy the scent once lathered. The lotion smelled pretty pungent on first smell, almost like paint! But a little bit rubbed into the chops soon calmed into a nicely punchy citrus scent which was still giving me the odd whiff 2-3 hours later and did a good job moisturising without being greasy. I think it'd go a treat with some lemon cologne.

I think my Bestshave cheapo brush may have had its last run out though - definitely splaying but at £2 and change I've had my moneys worth from it.

The Fat meets the 'Fat

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Blade - Feather Hi-Stainless (#1)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS+

The usual sublime results from this combination tonight. I'm still confused as to the rather undeserved reputation of MWF though. In fact I'm finding very similar properties to my beloved Arko!

Gordy said:
The Fat meets the 'Fat

Razor - Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat

I'm still confused as to the rather undeserved reputation of MWF though. In fact I'm finding very similar properties to my beloved Arko!

Hi Gordy,

I can help with your confusion!!! Yep, it's very simple to clear up.

The reason you find those two soaps similar is because you are nuts. Go ahead and ask anyone.

Glad to help a fellow member,

Martin

I would concur :D

... with Martin, that is.

But yes, I get you too Gordy - HUGE lather, thick cushion, lovely glide and smooth, soft skin afterwards. I do love my Fat ... and Arko (even the scent).

I also am at a loss to understand the rather divided opinion on MWF and think it's perhaps down to water quality. Well, I have procured a bottle of what appears to be the hardest water here in Britain (the highest figure we got in the water hardness thread), thanks to MPH. I'm going to swing by Mr Mitchell's, possibly tomorrow otherwise one evening next week on my way home from work, and buy a brand new, fresh puck (untainted by our wonderful soft Yorkshire water) and see if I can make it not work somehow ...

Results will follow.

Hiya,

Scent aside, I find the MWF to have more slip, with the cushion about the same on both if I remember right. The main thing is how much better the post shave feel is with the MWF. Somehow, the Arko doesn't make my face feel especially good after use.

Back
Top Bottom