Santa Maria Novella Crema pre/dopo barba

My review and impressions:

1. Packaging / size / appearance: Porcelain-type jar, 100 ml/3.40 fl.oz., comes in luxury cardboard/paper box.

2. Price / availability: Expensive, $60 (Lee Razors/Lafco) in the U.S., can be found in Europe at selected locations. Italian-made so the price must be cheaper in Italy.

3. Scent: No words really to describe how good this is, nothing like I've smelled before, try it and you'll never forget it. Above and beyond anything else I have in-house, all perfumes uncluded. Main scent element is pomegranate.

4. Razor burn / Cooling action: Good to very good.

5. Moisturizing properties: Very good, cream is quite thick though not leaving you with an 'oily' feeling. Very friendly to the skin, does tend to leave it a bit 'sticky' (especially if you apply too much) but nonetheless not oily at all. I have never used it as a pre-shave cream, so no comment here.

6. Quality / overall: Top-end high quality product, luxury item. Not for very warm climates (unless you intend to use it as pre-shave).

Show more

Summary - N_Architect's verdict:

1. Packaging / size / appearance: 5/5
2. Price / availability: 2/5
3. Scent: 5/5
4. Razor burn / Cooling action:: 3/5
5. Moisturizing properties: 4/5
6. Quality / overall: 4/5 - Highly recommended, weather conditions/location permitting and only if you can justify the admittedly high price tag.

Show more

Show more

Thank you Konstantinos! So many nice reviews lately, well done! Reviews like this means much, you don´t get many replies, but I think stuff like this is a very appriciated thread in forums like ours. :shave

Thank you Mikael, this is why I did it.

Wanted to do something like that for quite some time now, it is a very practical and hands-on way of contributing to this community.

Since I have the pleasure and good fortune of being able to own/sample a large number of products, it is important to share the experience.

Back
Top Bottom