Schick Protector

I've just tried my first injector, a Schick adjustable 'protector'. It has a switch that positions the safety bar so that it won't cut anything if picked up accidentally. Pretty neat idea. The adjustability range is from 1-7. Just one shave in it seems to be an efficient but mild shaver, although I haven't tried the highest setting yet. I might keep it in my travel bag given the safety feature. When I travel with a DE (usually a Slim Twist) I always worry about how to dispose of the blade safely, the Protector solves that problem. Does anyone else have experience with the 'protector' model?

Sorry for the lack of pics but mine is like the one here: Schick Protector

The butterscotch Injector seems to be highly regarded by many as the most aggressive but probably the best. I can certainly vouch for the quality of shave.

I have an M2 with the switch. I take it whenever I'm on a flight. Position 5 suits me fine though there's quite a jump in efficiency as you go up the numbers. Great little shavers.

Rocket Man said:
I've just tried my first injector, a Schick adjustable 'protector'. It has a switch that positions the safety bar so that it won't cut anything if picked up accidentally. Pretty neat idea. Does anyone else have experience with the 'protector' model?

I have one of those and it shaves like other adjustables......very well. That blade protection feature could be handy I guess.

It's kind of important to try some different blades.....jusr like a DE that way.

Miles853 said:
The butterscotch Injector seems to be highly regarded by many as the most aggressive but probably the best. I can certainly vouch for the quality of shave.

Ah, then I need to try one of those!

I don't suppose anybody has one going spare...:angel:

dodgy said:
It's kind of important to try some different blades.....jusr like a DE that way.

Hi Martian, so you also inject do you?

I thought there was only one choice of blade, at least I only know of the ones that Connaught stock...?

Rocket Man said:
Miles853 said:

Ah, then I need to try one of those!

I don't suppose anybody has one going spare...:angel:

dodgy said:

Hi Martian, so you also inject do you?

I thought there was only one choice of blade, at least I only know of the ones that Connaught stock...?

mines arrived what a lovely razor

rocket, i have a butterscotch g model which is fairly aggressive, usuable but aggressive. i wanted an adjustable to have the best of both worlds.

i havent tried mine yet but if i was you id try it on 8 before you decided you needed to try a g type for aggression.

having used the schick branded and connaught personnas in my opinion the personnas are better and improve every shave, have been binning at 5 shaves though in case 6 is the cliff

this is now my 4th different schick injector I have tried, as regards to use they are all the same, angle etc. but as previously stated by the likes of martin and majortom they are all different.

used on a 2 settings (5 and 8) for my 3 passes, it was not as aggressive as my G Type but gave me as close and comfortable shave. comparing the two (M and G) in terms of DE would be an ATT H plate (aggressive but usable) and an R89 (mild but effective)

as such my initial idea was to move the G on but actually will keep it for those days when you want to scare your face.

I like the m adjustable, its more head heavy but looks the business and gives a very decent shave. the protector switch is a great idea too I assume you should have no trouble getting it through airports

I have noticed, with the G type and E type Schicks especially,that there is a fair variance between razors of the same type. For example I have 3 of the G2s, two of which are medium aggressive and the other is a little biter. I guess that in the older types like Es and Gs, either the head geometry gets altered through years of use, or alternatively, the quality control in those years was not as tight as in later models, resulting in variable tolerances in the head design.

Back
Top Bottom