Shake or sqeeze...?

Steve27752 said:
I rinse, squeeze, shake a couple of times, then "paint" a towel with it for ten strokes or so, up and down and left and right. It is then hung facing down
If my missus saw this she would think i was on a proper dodgy site lol :lol:

2 good shakes then paint the towel a few times before standing upright in its handle, brush up.

Is it better for the brush if it is placed in a stand? I cant imagine the knot drying out as well as the tips unless the brush is stored upside down :?:

totalfusion said:
Rinse, squeeze, shake, towel, hang on stand - the stand make more room for more "stuff" on my shaving shelf. Then I normally have a nice cup of tea.
Sounds reasonable, though I think the cup of tea part is the most important; I have found myself shaving after having my tea; then I use the cup for lathering and the milk jug for standing the brush bristles in warm water :mrgreen:

edited for water temperature; definitely not hot, as we don't want bristle loss! :geek:

I'm amazed that no one has suggested borrowing the wifes hair drier and gently blow drying the brush before laying it in a satin lined box :lol:

I'm another gentle squeeze, a couple of flicks and gentle use of towel before sitting it upright until the next days use ;)

baz chaz said:
I'm amazed that no one has suggested borrowing the wifes hair drier and gently blow drying the brush before laying it in a satin lined box :lol:
;)
Apply direct heat?! Shriek!! :!: :!: :evil:

As for satin lined box, well you might not be far off there. Some of the Kent brushes I've seen have their own sarcophagus!

Back
Top Bottom