shark blades

I was very lucky to get a lucky dip PIF of shark blades from matt31. to the tune of around 16 packs!! some 80 blades to get through. I recon that'll take me about a year and a half lol.

Anyway, tried one tonight in my DE87... and thought it was excellent. Ive only tried one, so dont know about consistency in packs and overall quality. but can say that it was every bit as smooth, comfortable and sharp as my gillette bleues. In fact i'd go as far as to say they are perhaps a little sharper.

These will be my go to blade until i have a reason not to. Thanks matt, you've opened my eyes to a new great product.

I'm with you on that Shrink ; I was also the fortunate recipient of Matt's generosity & had never previously tried Sharks. I've now used both a Shark & an Iridium from the PIF & they're both working nice for me in my Slim.

JohnnyO. :D

glad to know its not just me... i really like them. They will be used in rotation with bleues, superthins and platinums. The occasional feather for kicks!

now got enough blades and cream to last about 3 years :)

but surprise surprise, would like another cream already

This blade ticks all the boxes for me,in terms of smoothness it's comparable to NOS gillettes,feel as sharp as a 7 o'clock and gives me 3 good shaves without any significant signs of degrading

James_uk said:
This blade ticks all the boxes for me,in terms of smoothness it's comparable to NOS gillettes,feel as sharp as a 7 o'clock and gives me 3 good shaves without any significant signs of degrading

The only down side is that ... well I'm sure everyone has had the same experience with these blades (and the super chrome version too), and I'm curious to know how everyone else copes with this by the way ... you know what I mean, when you get the lather on and the shark is set in place -nicely balanced and evenly exposed- and just as you bring the shark closer to your face, a bunch of passing dolphins swim up and start 'bumping' the shark away from you!

I mean come on! Really! It's all well and good to intervene for those documentary makers, I'm just trying to have a frickin' shave! WTG? bump, bump, bump there they are! - trying to stop the shark from making contact with my skin. XTG?! bump, bump, bump - there they are again! ATG??!!! BUMP BUMP BUMP!!! I ask you, just wtf is up with that?

• ... and then there's the whole fishy-smell of the whole marine brawl to try and sort out with a decent ASL ...
        • Personally, I think they do it all on porpoise![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Nothing but agreement from me. Paul at Connaught sent me a pack of the super Chrome with an order, and I don't think I've used another brand of DE blade since.

I think that they even have the edge (no pun intended) over my beloved Swedes in terms of sharpness and smoothness, but they don't last as long.

I have some of the SS to try, but haven't got around to it just yet, but I suspect that they'll be okay at worst.

Ian

see i couldnt give two hoots about blade longevity... id rather have a good shave, than lots from the same blade.

If i get 2 good shaves, and a 3rd OK one... im more than happy

shrink said:
see i couldnt give two hoots about blade longevity... id rather have a good shave, than lots from the same blade.

If i get 2 good shaves, and a 3rd OK one... im more than happy

In order for a blade to qualify in my stash it needs to deliver 3 good shaves,feather gives me 4 decent shaves,who knows it may even work fine after 6,but I'm not prepared to risk irritation and like to leave it at that :shave

Back
Top Bottom