Shaving soaps and creams longevity once opened.

I am aware of the 'official FAO' EU arse covering lark. But from your own real life experience what is the 'real' life of shaving soaps and creams?

I am asking as I just found my old Palmolive stick (partially used) from 2002 in my previous wash bug when tidying up the bathroom cabinet. It is lathering exactly the same as my newly Tesco purchased stick from last month.

I have more soap in my rotation the MWF and some Monsavon, for someone who shave every two days I think I am looking at years of use from the above and just thought at what point should I stop using or if it's worth using for so long after the FAO lawyer said I should stop?

I hear Cella has a relatively short-life but I don't know what that means in terms of days, weeks, months or years.
Fortunately, I enjoy my Cella and don't have to worry about it outliving its 'best before date'.

Some people seek and buy vintage soaps or ones often out of production. So I am assuming they're still good to shave with. Obviously not for collection or investment as they're still cheap.

I've often wondered the longevity of creams and soaps myself Shemen. I'm glad to hear soaps can last a long time as I shave just 2-3 times a week and it takes me ages to get through a tub.

I would imagine the biggest problem would be the stability of the oils composing the scent.

I asked Mike's Natural Soaps and he suggested 1 year. I still have several tins of his soaps that are well over the year mark and they still work and smell great.

Back
Top Bottom