shoulderless razor

hello all
Any body use a shoulderles razor i have one making its way to me will post photos when it gets here,
are there any advantages ect to any thing to look out for

I had a dovo bismarck here once. I just honed and used it like i would any other straight.

Had a nice heft to it, not sure if that's the case with all these razors.

Like Andy says, if you like razors with delicate blades (flexible) it´s a = +, if no shoulders. Down side is you´ve to hone them more often though (if delicate grind, there´re wedges with no shoulders too).

Thanks for the replys guys cant wait to get my hands on this.I was just wondering really if they needed any more skill to use but time will tell.

If it's a super flimsy blade getting used to it might be a little interesting. Otherwise though it's just the same sort of hack and scrape carry on as with any other razor. With the exception of my Fenton which definitely has a curse on it, so that doesn't count. No worries. :)

5978267499_8d1ddd32cc_m.jpg

evening all thought i would post some pics of the razor looks like its had an interesting life.
even with my lack of knowledge I doubt it started out as it is today.
Its quite a small little thing not to bad looking quite a bit of tarnish on it.

5978267493_6f014c232a_m.jpg

its stamped on one side ground in hamburg on on the other has etched the name rolf and what looks like ashford maybe the retailers name ?

Back
Top Bottom