Snail Mail or What?

I posted a PIF to a fellow member in The Republic of Ireland last Wednesday 19 January, 1st class and he hasn't received it yet, and given the elapsed time I'm giving up hope that he ever will :shock: . Stuff I've sent to the US has arrived quicker.

Am I right to give up hope or has anybody else had stuff turn up in the Republic after, what seems like, an age?

There was one package posted to me before christmas that has never appeared :evil:

Other than that everything seems reasonably quick including parcels recently :!:

As you've probably guessed I'm the recipient in this PIF. And while I'm disappointed that the post has let me down,I really must
commend David (Manoflamancha) , he's diligence in this has been amazing. He's even offering to send me on a replacement PIF !
Sir,I salute you !!

Manoflamancha said:
...The Republic of Ireland last Wednesday 19 January, 1st class...

Republic of Ireland is international... First Class won't cut it. Hopefully you used "1st class" as a synonym for "air mail".

Otherwise Royal Mail have probably sent it to their dead letter office in Belfast where it'll be processed and returned to sender (if there's an address) or destroyed if not...

hunnymonster said:
Manoflamancha said:
...The Republic of Ireland last Wednesday 19 January, 1st class...

Republic of Ireland is international... First Class won't cut it. Hopefully you used "1st class" as a synonym for "air mail".

Otherwise Royal Mail have probably sent it to their dead letter office in Belfast where it'll be processed and returned to sender (if there's an address) or destroyed if not...

Yep. It went airmail, or so my receipt said.

Back
Top Bottom