So which one of you got the Red Ring then?

Was watching this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330719726369 and if I hadn't been screwed over by my lodger, I'd have bid on it.
Might have been a bit short though I was going to max out at £100.

Bechet45 said:
Are we serious?

£155???
Weeelll, let's face it with the current surge in prices with toggles and bottom rings going for huge money and even the standard fatboy almost hitting 3 figures if it's boxed and NOS, the Red band is the next most sort after razor after the rare gillettes.
I did think I was being optimistic with a cap of £100 (I think after it leapt to 95 I wasn't going to have a look in, so i didn't bid.)

If you look in the search archive on Ebay you'll see about a month ago someone put a nice, boxed Red Ring on for a Buy It Now of £85.

It lasted half an hour and no, I didn't get it (unfortunately).

Love the Buy It Now offer for £25 as well!

Tall_Paul said:
If you look in the search archive on Ebay you'll see about a month ago someone put a nice, boxed Red Ring on for a Buy It Now of £85.

:blush: That was me:icon_lol: you never know!

Jamies said:
Tall_Paul said:

:blush: That was me:icon_lol: you never know!

Haha! I thought it might be! Unfortunately I've not succeeded with one of my 'numpty' offers yet!

NotTheStig said:
I wonder why!

If I'm flogging something on EBay and someone offers me a buy it now it immediately makes me suspicious and I've never had a buy it now offer anywhere near what whatever I'm selling has sold for.

Ergo, anyone who accepts such an offer early on in an auction is a numpty!

Harsh but fair!

Back
Top Bottom