Some help on nasal and lip area please

Good evening Gentlemen, I am now using a Jagger 87 and Bluediamond blades. Shave isn't too bad, but the blades seem to have a 3 shave max, maybe even 2.
Anyhow, the big issue for me at the mo is tight under my nose and the corners of my mouth. It's as if the head is to thick and I cannot get under mi nose, k also struggle on the corners of my gob.
Whiskers grow tight to my nose and lip area and I have to be very careful.

Any advice fella's

wetdog said:
Good evening Gentlemen, I am now using a Jagger 87 and Bluediamond blades. Shave isn't too bad, but the blades seem to have a 3 shave max, maybe even 2.
Anyhow, the big issue for me at the mo is tight under my nose and the corners of my mouth. It's as if the head is to thick and I cannot get under mi nose, k also struggle on the corners of my gob.
Whiskers grow tight to my nose and lip area and I have to be very careful.

Any advice fella's

Mantic 59 has a video with some tips. Otherwise just keep practising, I'm still figuring it out, some days I don't need any touch up after three passes and some days I do. Also you might want to start trying some other blades.

For top lip, do your normal downwards and across passes, then pinch the tip of your nose and gently lift it to reduce the angle between your upper lip area and the septum of your nose (the bit that separates the nostrils) and gently shave the top few millimetres of your top lip upwards. Corners of the mouth are a case of knowing where the edges of the blade are and doing facial contortions to help you access the area.

Hello wetdog. Most of us have had problems here. Under the nose problem I find is solved by placing the razor carefully under my bugle and 'rolling' the razor rather than using a stroke. The corners of my mouth were a nightmare! Now I say a wide OH and puff my cheeks out. Both the nose and the mouth corners require care and the lightest of touches. It will come together soon

Geofatboy also has some a vid with useful tips. For me the trick is not to try too hard to get right underneath my nose on the WTG pass, but to get that on the XTG and ATG passes. Helps to use the tip of the blade rather than the full blade. For corners of mouth I just push them out a little with my tongue to flatten the area. I've never found that area tricky.

I think I mY be pussying out on the lip area, worried about slicing my lip like I did when I was a kid, practising with my Dads razor lol.

Still got the scar!!

I have what they are now calling a "circle beard". The lip area is a problem with either the DE or a straight. What I use are the old Schick injectables that have every small heads and fit perfectly. Blade lasts for months.

Back
Top Bottom