Steve Woodhead Pottery.

Steve Woodhead Scuttles
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.studiopottery.co.uk/potter_profile.php?id=174" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.studiopottery.co.uk/potter_p ... php?id=174</a><!-- m -->
Recently i got a Shaving Scuttle from UK based pottery producer : studio pottery(Steve Woodhead).
One of the best Shaving Scuttle seller to deal with including worldwide shipping .Price are very good. it was 5.25’’ Large Scuttle.The Scuttle is a one piece item, the lather bowl is not separate. The bowl incorporates throwing rings, with a deep spiral in the base, giving good purchase on the shaving brush when creating a soapy lather. You can happily pour boiling water into your scuttle, as well as re-heat in to boiling point in the microwave if you want. Scuttles made from standard stoneware clay which they make mugs and ovenware dishes from. I pour 60 C° boiled water and The scuttle keeps the lather hot for at least 15 minutes. Built lather very well.its enough for 3 passes..im very pleased with the scuttle. It is a very nicely made, attractive piece of pottery that is as funtional as it is handsome. Colors looks amazing..Strickly advice to see shaving Scuttle made by Steve Woodhead. Dont worry it will broke or something happen to it because Steve always communicate with you until delivered securely.Be sure that if your scuttle have an accident in the shipping steve will cover your payment or sent new one for you. Steve Woodhead is great person to deal with.He is staying behind what he is selling.
Dimensions:
Outer bowl is 5.25" (13.2 cm) wide by 3" (8 cm) high
Lather bowl is 3.5" (8.7 cm) wide by 1.75" (4.5 cm) deep
The scuttle holds 3/4 pint of water ( 400 ml or 15 fl oz.)

Regards
Melyus

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 330
  • sw1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 323
nice one.....just got to add i started Steve on his scuttle making because i could not find a uk maker...so he obliged

and a +1 for such a nice chap

i have emailed him to see if he can make a novelty blade bank...of an old outside loo sort of thing...cant wait to see if he replies...hehehehe

n1vlo said:
nice one.....just got to add i started Steve on his scuttle making because i could not find a uk maker...so he obliged

and a +1 for such a nice chap

i have emailed him to see if he can make a novelty blade bank...of an old outside loo sort of thing...cant wait to see if he replies...hehehehe

Hi niv! - gonna have three now, have sent payment already! (see PM). I sent away for some AS & Cologne samples recently and remembered one of the AS's was Tabac, went upstairs, found sample, had a sniff, yeah, liked it ! What do you reckon, mill 'em down into a container, then microwave for a few seconds, let it cool, and then Bob could be your uncle ? ?

spandex.. :D

Yes microwave + tallow = very bad :(

Microwaving any soap is dangerous in that it can boil in one area and effect/destroy/alter the scent but can be done, just do it on a low setting and leave time between bursts, microwaving cooks too quickly and not evenly enough. The best way is is heat like you would heat chocolate over a pan of boiling water, slowly. Or with milled soaps grate and tamp it down with a teaspoon of hot water and a fork and it will become solid again.

Audiolab said:
Yes microwave + tallow = very bad :(

Microwaving any soap is dangerous in that it can boil in one area and effect/destroy/alter the scent but can be done, just do it on a low setting and leave time between bursts, microwaving cooks too quickly and not evenly enough. The best way is is heat like you would heat chocolate over a pan of boiling water, slowly. Or with milled soaps grate and tamp it down with a teaspoon of hot water and a fork and it will become solid again.

..OK, thanks then Audio!

Melyus, sorry for barging in on your thread, I was trying to contact nivlo as quickly as I could, and in so doing, abused the general "ground rules" - as it were ! Thank you audio and hunny for being so helpful re the Tabac/milling thing, despite my rudeness! :oops:

I recently found these on ebay, while looking for a dirty bird scuttle, and went searching for a review / pic's, and here it is on the trusty old TSR :D

melyus, do you have any piccy's of the scuttle in your hand, so I can get an idea of size and shape?

Which glaze combo is that one?

I'm fancying the Woodhead mega scuttle, but not too keen on the glaze colours.

The SWK extra large in black, grey and white on the other hand looks ace. More expensive though.

Gruff,
i dont have more pictures but there are dimensions in the review.Also Steve is a great guy to deal with .. im very happy with the scuttle btw.
Regards.

Back
Top Bottom