stirling shave soap

received an order from stirling soaps this week, and got round to trying them tonight. i used the scots pine sheep soap, it contains mutton tallow and lanolin and creates a fantastic slick lather. the only downside for me was the scent, i was expecting a fresher and greener scent, this was more medicinal and reminded me a bit of coal tar soap. after my shave my skin feels so moisturised and nourished, id say it rivals MWF for skin care.
i ordered a puck of 'tuscany' as well and that smells pretty nice, not knock your socks off nice, but if it performs like the scots pine ill be happy with it. i was also sent a sample of their 'barbershop' shave soap and that smells excellent.
stirling soaps were a pleasure to deal with and the owner, rod, was excellent in his communications and quick in his deliveries.
well worth checking out.

http://stirlingsoap.com/shave.html

i use the black cherry stiriling soap....its nice...a scent that is pretty original too. slick soap but takes a bit more swirls than some others i've used..
great product for the price though. puck is pretty big.

I emailed Rod at Stirling Soap this very day by coincidence!

I was asking about the most cost-efficient carriage method. I'm sure he won't mind me quoting part of his reply.

The fastest and most economical method would be the small international flat rate box. It's 19.00 and I can fit four pucks (and a handful of free samples) in the box. It takes 6-9 business days on average. For orders larger than that, it is around another 4.00 a puck to ship based on weight, with the per puck prices dropping with each additional puck.

As each puck is $5, the flat-rate carriage would make the cost of each puck about $10 delivered. This size of shipment should not attract customs attention so we are left with a cost of roughly £6.25 per puck.

It's a bit early in the day to do arithmetic but to me it looks as if people who are prepared to order four pucks for self use or sharing with local friends would do ok. A group buy would attract VAT charges and would incur UK postage costs to final destination. Might not be cost effective to group buy.

Funny old world!

Back
Top Bottom