Storing brushes... but how?

Been wondering how do you SBAD-ed geeks store your unused brushes (stacked up "for future use")?

What conditions? Any preparations? Dos and don'ts?

Here's the scenario: what if you see a true bargain for a really good brush and you want to buy a few "for future use"... but how/where to keep them?

Thanks!

My system is that I pick 2 brushes, use them until I fancy using something else.

Once these are done, I give them a clean. I have hard water so brushes can, depending on what cream/soap I've used can get a bit of scum on the base.

Once they are squeaky clean I leave them to dry for a few days and if there's space on my shelf (8 brushes) it will fill it up otherways I'll put it back in its box.

And the cycle goes round...

I have four and storage is not a question as they all get used every week. They sit on top of the bathroom cabinet, where there is a good air flow. They are also well out of the reach of the dog. For some reason he seems to love the look and smell. But I suppose they are badger and he's got terrier in him.

I never use one two days in a row though to give each brush at least 48 hours drying time. I would say that if your going to store one for any length the big thing to consider is moisture, as well as it being free from soap. These o doubt would both cause hair loss, from what I've read on here.

I have a giant tupperware type box that i keep all my shave swag. Brushes not is the current rotation are dropped into an empty loo roll, those that do not fit in a loo roll are slotted in between, all in the big box.

I have four on the go myself, I give them a light squeeze, then a gentle flick, brush again gently over a dry towel then stand upright on a glass shelf with my other four brushes, i've checked them usually bone dry within two days,

Jamie.

001-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom