Strongest hair styling product availlable in supermarkets/chemists?

Don't get me wrong, they are easier to wash out, but for me, that is the only benefit.

Really! Think I may need to try more oil based pomades then! I've only used the normals, like black&white and found them weak hold,difficult to wash out and just manky feeling in general! I've used Sauvecito, layrite and morgans for water based and think they're great! Any other recommendations in addition to Dax? We may start stocking more pomades so will be useful to try out
Thanks
Dan

Any other recommendations in addition to Dax? We may start stocking more pomades so will be useful to try out
Yeah Reuzel is very good, also try Murray's superior(very similar to red dax), Nu Nile, Cock grease and sweet Georgia brown. they are very inexpensive.
To wash it off, don't bother with shampoo, just use soap.

Some feedback: back to the sad and bleak life of balding men...:oops:

I definitely gave up on the undercut hair style, not enough hair on the back of my skull... Hence the return to Tintin's haircut.

The red Dax is really strong, to the point it remains in your hair for days in spite of washing them daily. However, I noticed this summer that in warm/sweaty conditions the result odor-wise is not very good (on my scalp at least).

Consequently I went back to the Got2be (black/grey box), which gives its best results once "dehydrated": I left the box open accidentally once, it resulted in a more concentrated (and shrunk) product and to me it's way more efficient.

Some feedback: back to the sad and bleak life of balding men...:oops:

I definitely gave up on the undercut hair style, not enough hair on the back of my skull... Hence the return to Tintin's haircut.

The red Dax is really strong, to the point it remains in your hair for days in spite of washing them daily. However, I noticed this summer that in warm/sweaty conditions the result odor-wise is not very good (on my scalp at least).

Consequently I went back to the Got2be (black/grey box), which gives its best results once "dehydrated": I left the box open accidentally once, it resulted in a more concentrated (and shrunk) product and to me it's way more efficient.
A tip for you with Dax Red (or indeed any oil based pomade).

Use a small amount of olive oil to help remove the pomade. I pour about a teaspoon and a half into my hand and massage into the hair/scalp. I shower, and after a few minutes, I wash my hair in the usual manner. The pomade is gone :)

I sweat through my head so much that a product such as Red Dax probably would drive me insane. Ergo, I keep my thin, fine, baldish hair short and I use the lightest hair product that I can find to keep the fly-always under control and the Tintin subdued. But, it has to leave my hair not feeling sticky, stiff or greasy.

I use dax red on occasion but find it quite sticky so I've started using a little pure lanolin rubbed through my hair. It keeps it in great condition and does not feel sticky or greasy if a small amount is used.

Back
Top Bottom