Tabac Balm and After Shave Lotion

you could use them together but that's a lot of Tabac fragrance in one go :lol:

the usual advice goes on skin type but i use alcohol splashes in the summer and balms in the winter.
only if i've been heavy handed or tried to squeeze out another shave from a dull blade do i need a balm
Tabac a/s does pretty well on the skin-care front for an alcohol based splash, though no where near as good as Speick or Proraso

On occassion I use both but really I've always felt it's one or t'other. Both the spalsh and balm will give you a healthy dose of manly Tabac scented goodness.

Hmmm we're getting into Autumn now - might be time to break out the Tabac again.

The point I am trying to understand here is why there is balm AND lotions. Do the makers produce them to do the same job or is balm a moisturiser and lotion just a scent.

I need some education here.

Horses for courses.

Some people's skin prefers lotions, some people's prefers balms. If your skin is dry(ish) then a balm may work better than a lotion.

I have what they call combination skin, ie - parts of my face get oily, other parts are almost dry. In the summer, when it's a bit more humid, I can use lotions, or 'splashes' as they are sometimes called. During the winter months, the lotions dry out my skin too much owing to the reduced heat and humidity, and I tend to use more balms in winter time.

So, manufacturers like Tabac often produce both, just to give people the choice.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom