tablets and drafting software

Is there a tablet that can use a simple drafting program, or a drafting program simple enough to be used by a tablet.

I don't really WANT to go with a laptop, all the laptops in my range are well windows 10 asses. and I wont touch 10.

There are loads of CAD apps for android, I would though stipulate a high res screen and decent integrated stylus.

Last edited:
the only ones ive seen are just drawing viewers. Although autodesk says the 360 viewer is actually a cad program as well, but ive just found nothing that will let a person actually draw something or do a 3dmodel

Surface Pro or Book and Autocad...
Won't be the quickest thing in the world but they have i7s and up to 16Gb of RAM, lovely screens and excellent pens.

Oops! Sorry, just saw that you won't touch Windows 10, oh well. You'd be hard pressed to to do 3D modelling on a phone OS at this stage their development. There are some Win 8.1 tablet's still out there you could have a go with but they are older tech.

most of the phone stuff ive found is simply "install program and use it to take measurements of buildings as you walk around and make way points in the program."

I had thought of Inventor or Solidworks, but the options available are well not for me anymore.

Most of the programs talk about importing a pdf file and using it to make drawings from.

My issue is I have a fondness for early trains and rail road carraiges, and most of the things I have are saved in PDF files that were made from E size sheets. I have no where in 150 miles that can print something that big, and im not going to send it out for mail delivery. At the same time some of the drawings lack measurements in some sections, but the entire drawings are set up at full size, just toss in your own dimensions.

SO how many of the programs will let me bring in a PDF file with a drawing in it, use it as a base layer and let me trace over it to make a drawing from? Inventor in 2008? was given a feature of bringing in photos and existing 2D drawings of an object and making a 3d model from them.

Back
Top Bottom