Taylor's Coconut Shaving Cream

On a trip into London, I arrived early for my appointment, being just round the corner I thought, I'd check out the Taylor's latest cream - Coconut.

I had used trumpers coconut cream some years ago, as my first cream. GFT always lathered easy and I never had any issues with it. The scent was a little weak. This may be due to it being old stock the store had.

By comparison, when I opened the test tub in Taylor's, the smell was much stronger. So I made my purchase. In use it seems to work just as well as I remember GFT's. I normally dip my brush into the tub to cover the tips. The cream is a little firmer than trumpers or DR Harris. It gave no difficulty shaving on my first shave this morning. Seemed to moisturise well as well.

Brief conclusion: I'm pleased with my purchase and will favour taylor's coconut over Trumpers. Also works out cheaper as well, even after taking into consideration of the smaller tub size.
[attachment=5710]
Added a photo so you can see how I coat my brush with the shave cream. That amount on the brush will be enough for 3 pass shave plus touch-ups.

Attachments

• NJHA_6230.jpg
    NJHA_6230.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 91
Gravy said:
Good to hear, I've got a tub I've not tried yet, it smells great. I'm hoping it lathers like my jermyn street cream.

I've not use a previous Taylor's cream only a soap stick. This lathers just as well as any other creams I've got /used in the past.

I consider myself to have dry skin and checked with the staff that this cream would be OK and not dry out more. They did say that the sensitive cream would be the best to stop that as there are less scents (or something) in it. Almond being the cream to avoid for dry skin. After a few more uses, I think this is probably the most moisturising cream I've tried so far. Normally within an hour after shaving my skin looks like I've got scabies. Taylor's coconut cream doesn't, it leave my skin feeling soft. Great for winter months which tend to dry out the skin more.

I will add a proper review to the review section once I've had a good long use with this cream.

Back
Top Bottom