Taylors of bond street aftershave

I use Mr Taylor after shave, I quite like it. I use a few other TOBS after shaves as well, Eton College, Jermyn Street, and St James.

I like them but don't think the scent hangs around as long as my Floris JF.

I have sandalwood and eaton collage both smell pleasant and last a reasonable amount of time, eaton collage is like rubbing a lemon on your face initially but becomes more complex over time. Sandalwood feels quite oily to me and lasts longer than the EC imo.

Halk said:
The 74 victorian limes... is that a lime smell on it's own, or is it more complex than that?

Ah, now you are asking. I think (note i say think as i have no experience in Basenotes style scent descriptions) that it is more complex than simply Lime. That being said, the lime is most definately there, with a vintage twist... See now, that doesn't make much sense to even me, but there we go.

I would say, if you like the lime scent and want something smelling of lime and a bit more, this is a lovely AS.

Sorry i can't be more help - hopefully someone else here with a more descriptive nose and eloquence will be able to add to this.

I think you have been very helpful, and I understand exactly what you mean!

I had a sniff at several lime colognes (T&H, Trumper etc) yesterday and didn't sniff that one. The ones I sniffed were all powerfully scented of lime, and smelt great, however I wanted something with a bit more to it than that.

I shall need to see about getting hold of a sample of that 74 to see if it's what I'm after.

Thank you very much AJP!

Back
Top Bottom