That bitter sweet moment

Before I bought any more soaps I was determined to try to use up some of the soaps I already had. I quickly realised there was no way I could use the same soap every day; therefore decided to select a couple that I would use a few times a week, every week, with a variety on the other days.

On todays shave I was loading up the brush from my bowl of Tabac and finally I could see the bottom of the bowl in the middle. Initially I was happy, I had actually made progress and while there is still a few shaves left the end is now in sight. Very soon after I found myself thinking, "Must get another bowl of Tabac...just in case". I originally wanted to pick up a refill of the Art Of Shaving soap and using up one more soap before I bought it seemed like a good idea.

I will probably order an Art of shaving refill while they are still about but now I think I better get more Tabac as well. Hence for me finishing a soap (or close to) means I am happy but also have the urge to replace it right away especially if it is one I like. So ironically I probably need to use my less favourite soaps more often but I think a better solution is to have a PIF / Sale clearout.

Keep an eye on the BST over the next few weeks.

It's a tough one.

I remember when I finished using my first tub of GFT coconut shave cream. Great! that can make room for something different. Then like you, I thought, hmm, I quite liked that one. However, I didn't replace it. I will do, once I have used some of those I'm not so keen on. Only thing is, because I'm not so keen on them, they don't get used. It's a DE sword.

I've stopped soap purchases altogether, and piffed what I had left of the tabac, prairie something, arko, etc.. just stick to a few.
Although I think if any of those run out I'll be obliged to get some more :p
My taste in soap is cheap, it's the razors that're ruining me!

Max

While on the subject of soaps.

Until recently I have always face lathered when using hard soaps. Recently I have been loading my brush then continued to build lather in a bowl. This enables the building up of much more great quality lather which I then apply with painting or circular motions as mood dictates.

It's good to ring the changes.

I too have been holding of the purchase of new soaps until I have battled my way through my collection of creams.

I am pleased to report my palmovlie is almost empty and my godrej is finished. this means i can buy some hard soap again.

just dont tell anyone about the two other tubes of godrej I have :)

I have just had a clearout of stuff that either left too much scum in my brush or used to make my face tingle.

Now I'm on a soap one. What I am noticing is that these cheap ones are much better at keeping my brushes clean (no scum!) so I'm really pleased. They don't perform too bad either, equally as well as what I got rid of.

I also want to actually use something up that I have so not buying for now. My soap list of things to try is getting longer!

I'm through with creightons creams though, no matter how much I rinse, I still end up finding soap in my brush. It's not much but the only thing that seems to shift it is a vinegar rinse!

Back
Top Bottom