The Luxury Prep! Try it for yourself!

:icon_razz: I first learned about this a while ago from a B&B member, and indulge whenever I get the time! Believe me, the results are well worth the little extra effort!

1. Prepare lather from the soap or cream of your choice. It's nicest with a fragrant, luxury cream or soap!
2. Apply vigrorously to the beard area with brush.
3. DO NOT RINSE.
4. Massage lather slowly and firmly into face with circular motion with tips of fingers. Take your time. Massage the entire beard area.
5. Soak flannel in hot (not scalding) water.
6. Hold flannel onto the beard area for about a minute.
7. Re-soak the flannel and repeat. And repeat again. This approximates to a hot towel treatment.
8. Re-apply lather and shave as normal.

You'l find your face is extra clean, extra-exfoliated, and the toughest stubble is softened.

I think that one of the most luxurious things about the process is granting yourself the time to carry it out!

Enjoy.

I have tried that on some occasions.
I also find a decent cleanser works well at softening the beard before shaving. Used in a similar way to Kyles prep. Cleanser, hot flannel on face, reapplied a few times until all soap residue is removed, then onto normal lathering.

Clinique cleansing bars are a great way to start a shave.

Also, may I recommend doing the hot towel prep with Proraso, Ingram or Edwin Jagger pre shave. The combination of cool menthol and a hot towel is amazing.

Sounds lovely. I've kind of half been doing some of this, I've been rubbing excess soap foam from the "loading" phase onto my chin, i.e after I've loaded the brush I scoop up the loose stuff left on the cake and spread it on before a hot bar towel. It was more to do with reducing waste of a nice soap, but it seems to work.

Thanks Factormax, I'll give the full monty a go.

Where do I find these Clinique bars? Are they in Walmart or Target? I would like to start shaving and saw that someone posted this would be a great way to start.

Clinique is quite an expensive brand. Over here, they are normally available from good high end department stores.

I havn't had any Clinique gear for a while, but used to use their cleansers and moisturisers a lot. Very good but also rather expensive.

Yeah, it's a barbershop prep Kyle found in an old barber manual. But, alas - for me it only resulted in a bad shave every time I tried. Looks like my skin likes cold water shaving way much more :)

I have something similar in an old shaving manual minus the hot towel as they say you should not use hot water at all during, before or after shaving. I did give it a go but its just to cold here at the moment, will re-visit in the summer

Back
Top Bottom