The New Ikon...one at a time?

MandoBear said:
FrenchBlade said:
As was stated (correct me if I'm wrong), these are now CNC milled, , so the whole "artisan" bit goes out the window in my opinion.
Max, I take your point about the CNC milling. However, I think there's a fair bit of hand finishing and polishing (certainly on the Bulldogs) and that can be a fair bit of work on stainless steel - not just a question of popping it in a mill with abrasives.

I agree with you, but that hand finishing was there before the CNC milling, so although not all manual labour has been removed, a great deal has. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, since the computer controlled machines are extremely accurate.

There are a lot of consumer products that are still hand assembled/finished, even those you don't think about. (Phones, TVs, DVD players, Computers, Lawnmowers, Powertools etc..), we don't call them "artisan" products.

(Fun fact: did anyone even know that peeled shrimp/prawns that you buy, are all peeled by hand, since machines "lose" too much in the process, I was amazed by that.. we can send people to the moon, retrieve tiny boxes on the bottom of the ocean, but we can make a machine peel prawns efficiently)

Max

Father Ted said:
You say 3 or 4 - but as ever its supply and demand -

They will be with iKon vendors all over the world in time and local purchases will be possible.

Demand is high but stocks will be replenished soon.

49er said:
A) When?

B) How much?

A) Probably a few more months , Shave Gods Willing

B) There will be a few models and variations on offer and the retail prices will be fixed as per each vendors shipping & related import duties.

Sorry for the delay for those folks waiting , they are in production now and are being made.

iKon said:
49er said:
A) When?

B) How much?

A) Probably a few more months , Shave Gods Willing

B) There will be a few models and variations on offer and the retail prices will be fixed as per each vendors shipping & related import duties.

Sorry for the delay for those folks waiting , they are in production now and are being made.

Damn! Thanks for the info, though.

Back
Top Bottom