The Perfect Shave, But You Don't Know Why...

Had a great example of this today. It really shouldn't have been great, but it was.

I was tired (the dog got me up early). I was trying a new blade I hadn't used before, or heard good things about (Bolzano). I used nothing fancy. The soap was my cup of left overs. No special preshave treatment, just washing before each pass.

20230401_074549.jpg

The 6S was on plate 5. The lather was fantastic. I was enjoying the shave so much that I went for a totally unnecessary 3rd pass. Usually a big no for me.

It was probably the best shave I've had. Certainly the best I can remember. No irritation, no burn, no cuts, no stubble left anywhere. Truly BBS, even on my neck, and so comfortable that it feels like I haven't shaved.

Just one of those lucky days I guess.

And, worst of all, I can't post it in the SOTD thread as I did a silly April Fool's post...

:)

Had a great example of this today. It really shouldn't have been great, but it was.

I was tired (the dog got me up early). I was trying a new blade I hadn't used before, or heard good things about (Bolzano). I used nothing fancy. The soap was my cup of left overs. No special preshave treatment, just washing before each pass.

View attachment 103307

The 6S was on plate 5. The lather was fantastic. I was enjoying the shave so much that I went for a totally unnecessary 3rd pass. Usually a big no for me.

It was probably the best shave I've had. Certainly the best I can remember. No irritation, no burn, no cuts, no stubble left anywhere. Truly BBS, even on my neck, and so comfortable that it feels like I haven't shaved.

Just one of those lucky days I guess.

And, worst of all, I can't post it in the SOTD thread as I did a silly April Fool's post...

:)
I really like those blades, sharp but really smooth.
Maybe not just luck! :)

Paul.

Sometimes, it all just clicks together.

There's a story that chaps at the Wilkinson Sword factory at Cramlington were asked to shave every day at work. Folks who got a bad shave were invited to talk about what else was going on while they were shaving - more about their frame of mind than anything. Seems Wilkinson Sword knew the wildcard was the shaver himself and perhaps a relaxed person just gets a better shave.

every-day-at-the-factory-of-the-wilkinson-sword-company-in-outside-picture-id873995748

Wilkinson Sword Morning Shave

Back
Top Bottom