This is going to be interesting

It does look very nice indeed, but I think I'll refrain. For the sort of money that will go for I could get a decent new set of Golf Clubs, equally as useless as they won't make me play any better.

Lose the beard said:
For the sort of money that will go for I could get a decent new set of Golf Clubs, equally as useless as they won't make me play any better.

I toyed with the idea of getting some custom fitted clubs. Eventually, I finally had to admit to myself that if I'm of the skill level where I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo with my current clubs I'd probably be the same with custom ones. Only poorer. My hand eye coordination or balance must be shocking...

Re: RE: This is going to be interesting

Exapno said:
Lose the beard said:
For the sort of money that will go for I could get a decent new set of Golf Clubs, equally as useless as they won't make me play any better.

I toyed with the idea of getting some custom fitted clubs. Eventually, I finally had to admit to myself that if I'm of the skill level where I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo with my current clubs I'd probably be the same with custom ones. Only poorer. My hand eye coordination or balance must be shocking...

Custom made clubs are great, I have a set of custom made Mizuno graphite shafted clubs which are excellent. The only downside is they weren't custom made for me, they were custom made for my Dad. Luckily we are exactly the same size so they suit me perfectly. Oh and they were free as well as my Dad gave them to me when he upgraded his clubs.

I've only been playing for three years, and very infrequently at that. I looked at custom clubs when I started and wish I'd bought a half set of customs instead of the MD Superstrong set that I got. A golfing colleague told me not to get custom clubs until my swing settled down, which might be good advice although, my height and reach isn't going to change much so I'm not sure. My friend is 6'4" and I'm 5'6" and our irons are the same length (although the lie has been adjusted on his), that makes no sense. Luckily, I can't afford new clubs so the point is moot...

Custom clubs aren't only about the size of the clubs, the other factor is the flexibility of the shaft, which until you have got your swing settled you wouldn't know how much speed or power is in your swing. once you swing is settled these can be measured and the correct shafts can be selected.

This is exactly why my dad has replaced his clubs, as he has got older there is less power in his swing so he now has clubs with a more flexible shaft.

I think we have deviated off topic slightly.

Back
Top Bottom