Took the Rolls for a spin

Off work today so took the chance to give the Rolls Razor a go.

After determining which of the blades looked in best shape that I had, I then honed and stropped it as per the Rolls instructions.

I must say I am very impressed, the blade isn't as sharp as it could be but the shave was good, very smooth - it doesn't jump or pull. Surprisingly it was an easy shave too, I sometimes use the Mach 3 over the straight when I'm in a real rush and have read that there is a different technique with the Rolls, but it was very easy and natural to hold and shave with it. And once again I'm back to very little razor burn (as when I was using the "proper" straight rather than disposable blades). Maybe too soon to comment on skin condition, but real blades do feel softer and less aggressive than disposables.

The other blades I have I've now got one of them as good as the one I used, few bald patches on the inner arms from trials! The third has a tiny, almost invisible nick in it that will probably require a little more than the very fine Rolls hone.

I'm thinking that I should bite the bullet, get a hone and have a go on my straight too. Then hopefully it'll just be a good strop (and buying one) away from being usable.

The Rolls is definitely a winner. :shave

Back
Top Bottom