Tradere OC in stock at Connaught Shaving...

...and it arrived this morning!

Fit and finish is everything I'd hoped for and the shave is fantastic, very smooth and close even on my neck which is a sensitive area with hair growing in odd directions. Mine is the slightly revised 2nd generation which has been tweaked to be slightly less aggressive and with a more intuitive blade angle. I only have one shave to base it on so far, but it seems to be comparable to my Gillette Old Type but smoother on the face.

It looks gorgeous too!

I always find that Paul almost guesses what you are going to order and sends it out just as you hit order so it arrives on time. All ways had fantastic service from him. So glad he stocks ikon and feather razors so I can make me big purchase in a few weeks. How you find the build quality on your razor? It's one I'm considering.

Connaught Shaving is my preferred vendor, I've never had an order that didn't arrive the next day and the prices are very competitive.

The build quality of the razor is top notch, all three pieces fit together very snugly and there is barely any play in the handle as you're screwing it together. There are visible machining marks inside the top of the cap, but this is obviously not visible when the razor's assembled and it does not detract in any way. Externally, it's flawless.

Here are some pics: (The cap and comb are a bit fluffy from being towel-dried, they're not scratched.)

dscn0705small.jpg

dscn0706small.jpg

dscn0708small.jpg

I'm the other way round, I like the look of the Ikons but am not enamoured of the closed and open comb idea although I think that's just me being a bit OCD, I have a bit of a thing about asymmetry. I do like the new bamboo handle though!

I find one of the problems of looking at forum discussions at this time of night is that your trigger finger gets too itchy. I have absolutely no need of a Tradere razor and had never, until tonight, heard of them. Nevertheless, I am now an owner, albeit we have yet to be aquainted. I think I'm turning into Bechet45

Back
Top Bottom