Trumper Coral Skin Food

Just finished my 200 ml bottle after about 3 years!!!!!

I did notice that the consistency of the bottles my Dad has been using more recently(purchased at Christmas) is far thicker, but seems to perform the same.

So now I am down to DR Harris Milk, and a Boots Freshwood Balm. The two are remarkably similar in all but price and scent.

philamac,
Is the Boots one any good?* (I'm sure there is a branch near me ;) ). I'm currently using Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm, which is pretty much scentless, but I'd like a balm that smells nice and which will go with my aftershave

*scent wise & effectiveness

i got the little sample bottles when they were on offer at GFT.

the stuff works pretty well (limited testing admittedly) and i passed some on to the old man.
i think i kept the sandalwood, didn't care for the coral.

but after reading about Corn Huskers being very similar but a lot cheaper i ordered some of that via ebay (still worked out cheaper)
it doesn't smell as nice but it's easy to add a scent.
i also thinned it down a bit with Witch hazel

Paul
The Boots Freshwood is very good. It has the same feel as DR Harris Milk and about the same performance (I like the DR Harris a lot). The 'Freshwood' scent of the Boots balm is strong when you apply it, and you will definitely notice the scent if you are used to unscented or very mildly scented products (I would describe the Coral SKin Food as very mildly scented). However it does not linger strongly, and it is a pleasant scent, lightly woody and spicy. Certainly it won't clash with cologne, and I have used it with Trumper Span Leather, Trumper Wild Fern, DR Harris Traditional and several others.

The Boots balm is quite dense and may feel your skin feeling slightly oily for a few minutes compared to the Skin Food, but this soon disappears and I would say there is a good moisturizing effect.

Also at about £2.50 a pop what's to lose :p It also comes in more or less the same unfancy packaging as it does when I first tried the stuff in about 1990. I like that a lot :D

If you like the Boots Freshwood Balm then I think you will like DR Harris Milk, the only issue being if you think it is worth paying four times as much for.

I suppose I should write a review now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom