Trumpers skin food

I love Trumpers Lime Skin Food. It's yummy :hungrig

I do like the Coral Skin Food, but just love the sharpness to the Lime. I don't use it as a preshave, I tried it but found it quite poor.
Why, because skin food has best been described to me as almost a "gum resin" type appearance and feel which is great as an aftershave cooling and closing off the shave, but creates drag and a stickiness for a preshave. Personally, my preshave routine is just a good face wash - anything else should be a oil based such as almond oil etc.

The biggest mistake to make with skin food is to try and apply to either dry or nearly dry skin. I apply mine to a very wet face, enjoying the opportunity to "faceturbate" my cheeks and neck area. A little goes a long way and a 200ml bottle will easily last a year.

Lime is very refreshing particularly on a nice summer morning just after some Coconut soap. Coral for me is more of an autumn indulgence.

WIth both skin foods I do not use it as my total aftershave product. I shower after a shave and so ultimately I will complete my ablutions with a nice AS balm such as Nivea, Clinique or DR Harris milk.

i only ever had the sample sizes and after watching mantic say that Cornhuskers was near enough identical i got that instead, plus i can add fragrances to the CHL to change the scent.

i made my old man some Old Spice flavoured CHL and just thinned it a bit with WH - easy ;)

I have to say I'm not a Skinfood fan - it's like wallpaper paste (or something else . . .) and it's just not for me. It should come (sic) in a sample pot, with your name and DOB on it.
:lol:

guyhayton said:
I love Trumpers Lime Skin Food. It's yummy :hungrig

I do like the Coral Skin Food, but just love the sharpness to the Lime. I don't use it as a preshave, I tried it but found it quite poor.
Why, because skin food has best been described to me as almost a "gum resin" type appearance and feel which is great as an aftershave cooling and closing off the shave, but creates drag and a stickiness for a preshave. Personally, my preshave routine is just a good face wash - anything else should be a oil based such as almond oil etc.

The biggest mistake to make with skin food is to try and apply to either dry or nearly dry skin. I apply mine to a very wet face, enjoying the opportunity to "faceturbate" my cheeks and neck area. A little goes a long way and a 200ml bottle will easily last a year.

Lime is very refreshing particularly on a nice summer morning just after some Coconut soap. Coral for me is more of an autumn indulgence.

WIth both skin foods I do not use it as my total aftershave product. I shower after a shave and so ultimately I will complete my ablutions with a nice AS balm such as Nivea, Clinique or DR Harris milk.

Guy

"faceturbate"
Come again?

Ahem!

rangers62 said:
"faceturbate"
Come again?
Ahem!

Ever get that idea that your perhaps rubbing your face a bit too much, checking for those missed bits of your shave... perhaps enjoying too much the feeling of smoothness... perhaps thinking that you might get embarrased if caught....

No.... oh so its just me then.

Perhaps now is not the time to own up to the secret stash of old gillette catalogues under the bed :oops:

Agree with poster who said to keep face a little wet and then massage in the skin food/whatever balm/moisturiser you are using. Apparently, this locks moisture in - whatever it does, it feels good. I currently use a moisturiser from LUSH that lasted me ages. Their moisturisers are designed for the effect you want (matifying, clearing, moisturising etc.), rather than one's for girls and one's for boys. They come in black pots too which are great! Wise to keep them in the fridge as they use tons of natural stuff and can go off if kept unused.

I thought I'd write some comments on Trumpers Skin food.

I have all three Coral, Limes and sandalwood. Trumpers staff will inform that the different scents pair/match with other products. Sandalwood obviously pairs with other sandalwood scents. Coral skin food goes well with coconut cream, or so they tell me. This is the reason I have all three, I will admit to limes being a sample bottles I managed to blag. After being told this information it does seem to work, the scents compliment rather than compete.

Skin food as already mentioned can be used as a pre shave and post shave. All of them have rose oil which is supposed to cool the skin and glycerine. I initially purchased as a pre shave product and used as a post shave as well. You only need a small amount, about a 10p size to rub on your face. As a post shave it does work better is you face is slightly damp and you apply to the face while its wet as a pre shave. I personally don't use it much now as a pre-shave. When I do, I found it much better then T&H's offering.

I have quite dry skin and it can easily look like I've got scabies around my mouth if I don't apply some sort of moisturizing product. After applying skin food I also apply Trumpers unscented moisturiser. One or the other isn't enough for me. It's both or nothing. I have tried T&H balms from a sample set and they didn't perform the same. I'd still get dry skin. If I had to use only one it would be the skin food.

I'm yet to try Nivea, In fact researching which Nivea ASB to get, or another alternative prompted me to post this brief review.

As a last note, the first of the 3T shops I walked in where I felt welcome was Trumpers, they were more helpful. This is part of the reason much of my shaving software has their name on it, I may be slightly biased towards them. Also I prefer the smell of their creams.

I use Trumpers skin food lime. I first used it as an after shave it was not that good after a short while my face would feel dry and tight but it does smell nice so I decided to use it as a pre shave and BINGO!! nice smooth shave it works very wel with the trumpers lime shave cream.

before using skin food as a pre shave I was using Proraso cream this did not work very well as it was cooling my face before I had started shaving closing the pores not a good idea but now I use it after the shave and it works great.

Rev-O said:
it's like wallpaper paste (or something else . . .)

If you want a product that looks like "something else", then get some of the Castle Forbes Pre-Shave. It reminded me of my post-vasectomy tests.

I tried samples of skin food, and it either did nothing, or made me feel like I was wearing a mask.

Ian

I own all 3 flavors of GFT skin foods, and am very happy with their scent and performance. As a preshave product, they give a more comfortable shave, and smell great as a post product. Combined with GFT creams its the ultimate luxury shaving experience. My only wish is that they produced an unscented version as I think the skin food has the potential to clash with cologne.

Back
Top Bottom