Turbo Cider

Take a litre of cheap Apple juice. Boil with 5 oz sugar, 3 tea bags and 2 gluhwein spice bags. Top up with more cheap juice add yeast and put in airing cupboard.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354105886608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354105886608.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 26
Yep, wine yeast would be a lot better than ale yeast. If you can find a homebrew shop then they should sell cider yeast. You'll get a better tasting cider if you add a tesspoon of mallic acid and also if you add a teaspoon of pectolase (pectic enzyme) then it will clear better.

I currently have 6 bottles conditioning ready for Xmas which I started off in June, giving it the extra time certainly improves the flavour.

While you are about it try this one Wurzel's Orange Wine aka WOW I made it with a full 1kg bag of sugar instead of 700g and it was too strong. It doesn't taste orangey it tastes like white wine.

Walkers said:
sounds good to me, I can see more people taking up home brew now the minimum alcohol price looks set. What yeast would you use?

I took up home brewing about 6 months ago partly as the savings appealed to me but mostly because I like making stuff. I started brewing from grain in October and I'm currently drinking a nice brown ale which is as good as anything I can buy in a shop. Come mid December the latest ale I brewed will be at its peak for drinking, I based it on Bath Ale's Gem (my current favourite beer) and the having tasted it a little young its very similar indeed.

Home brewing isn't hard, all grain brewing is time consuming but the results are professional quality.

Go for it :icon_mrgreen:

I kit brewed for years, but haven't got round to replacing worn out stuff. Will be getting back into it next year when job change will give me more time

Jeltz said:
Yep, wine yeast would be a lot better than ale yeast. If you can find a homebrew shop then they should sell cider yeast. You'll get a better tasting cider if you add a tesspoon of mallic acid and also if you add a teaspoon of pectolase (pectic enzyme) then it will clear better.

I currently have 6 bottles conditioning ready for Xmas which I started off in June, giving it the extra time certainly improves the flavour.

While you are about it try this one Wurzel's Orange Wine aka WOW I made it with a full 1kg bag of sugar instead of 700g and it was too strong. It doesn't taste orangey it tastes like white wine.

Good tips, never done cider before. If the result isn't too foul I might try some more

Back
Top Bottom