Two 4/8 restored

I would like to show you a little razor that I recieved along with a few more off Erik1963 the other razor a Gottlieb Hammesfahr Foche is one I restored earlier, the ERN was in a bad way, if i'm honest I thought it would be a dust bin job, lots of rust and pitting, the scales were instantly scrapped off all the razors except for one a 4/8 little French razor the blade was of no use, so I carefully removed them and found out they were horn a very nice surprise, now on to the ERN, I really gave the blade lots of wellie 120 grit wet & dry, still wasn't convinced it was going to make it, a few hours later almost there, then onto the scales polished them up looking good fitted the original wedge re-pinned, put a new bevel and re-honed the razor well she looks pretty good, I bet she also gives a nice shave, well here's the photo's PS I dont now why but i'm getting quite fond of these 4/8 looking razors, there's something about a smaller razor which I find quite appealing.

Jamie

001-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

Fantastic job, whats the best way to remove those black tarnishing marks? and how can i clean of the rust? can anyone tell me in order please?
i think first start with wire brush then sand paper?? what about the scratches? and what type of abrasive component to ne used?
thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom