Undershirts

Omp

Over the last year, I have taken to wearing Under Armour 'Heat Gear' v-neck t-shirts under whatever I am wearing.
They help with wicking away moisture, keep my over-shirt pretty dry and generally feel nice and comfortable whatever the weather.
Recent reviews show that the quality has dipped recently, with a move from a polyester/elastane blend to 100% polyester. They have also added a black logo (not good if it's under a light shirt).

Any other undershirt wearers out there? Any recommendations on brand? I'm trying to stay away from cotton as I don't want something soaking up any under arm moisture.

I wear Nike Dri-Fit under my fencing suit ... which also has wicking linings. It does its thing, wicking moisture away keeping me cool. You can get white and grey, which is very light in colour and would stand out less under a shirt.

I only wear an undershirt when I engage in heavy physical activity, such as skiing and fencing. In these instances I wear a very light weight undershirt made of merino wool. I've found that undershirts, socks, etc. made of man-made fibres such as polypropylene stink after a while and washing doesn't get the pong out completely. On the other hand, my merino wool undershirts don't stink ever. I have sensitive skin, but I find that wearing merino wool next to my skin does not irritate me or make me itch.

I do love merino base layers, I have a couple of Ice breaker shirts that are fantastic. They carry a price tag though!
I am lucky with pongs since I gave up antiperspirants in favour of alum topped with a bit of deodorant. Man made fibres don't stink on me like they used to.

Uniqlo do a reasonable range
Summer - Airism (possibly the lightest item I have ever worn) in multiple necks and colours.
Winter - Heattech (not quite as warm as the name suggests apart from the waffle variety - I cooked in them. If you'll pardon the pun)

Both are OK for the purpose they are made for. Certainly better than the cheapo primark thermals I bought.

nae a belger said:
Uniqlo do a reasonable range
Summer - Airism (possibly the lightest item I have ever worn) in multiple necks and colours.
Winter - Heattech (not quite as warm as the name suggests apart from the waffle variety - I cooked in them. If you'll pardon the pun)

Both are OK for the purpose they are made for. Certainly better than the cheapo primark thermals I bought.

Thanks. Those Airism t's look ideal. I've placed an order.

Back
Top Bottom