Using DE handles

I am a confirmed LOSER but the only thing I'm not so keen on is the rather feminine, insubstantial handles on offer... I've a couple of nice chunky custom DE handles I'd like to use.

Paul - did you buy your grub screw thing you use or is it a custom made job?

If you PM me your address Mike I'll stick a few M5 grub screws in the post. Best to use a dab of thread lock or glue just to hold them in place without fixing them permanently.

Me, Paul? Yes, M5 grub screws. I got a pack of mixed lengths so I could screw them in good and tight into the handle and remove using an allen hex key. You need various lengths because different handles come with different depths. If you measure the depth of the ones you want to use, know one or two mm off (since they never screw all the way in) and you'll have the right length.

I'd not considered thread lock, tho' so try that and see how you go.

Have fun ...

mikebrownington said:
Thanks Rich - look forwards to trying it out! Got a 1914 and a MMOC in the post :D

No worries, the screws I've sent may be a little short as they are specifically to hold a cocking handling into a specific rifle bolt, hence the recommendation of thread lock or similar. Superglue would do the job equally well.

pjgh said:
Me, Paul? Yes, M5 grub screws. I got a pack of mixed lengths so I could screw them in good and tight into the handle and remove using an allen hex key. You need various lengths because different handles come with different depths. If you measure the depth of the ones you want to use, know one or two mm off (since they never screw all the way in) and you'll have the right length.

I'd not considered thread lock, tho' so try that and see how you go.

Have fun ...

Loctite Blue is the one apparently. It's recommended for straights where a torx head screw is used instead of peened rod.

Back
Top Bottom