Vintage Wilkinsons! But a dilemma...

I was very surprised to find, on a routine inspection of a new pharmacy opened up near me, a few cartons of Wilkinsons. Checked the gold number 5 and it was on top of the logo! Didn't expect that! Then tried to remember if I was remembering the right way round. Checked the card carton the blades were in and it said made in the UK. Excellent!
Now the problem. Took them to the lady behind the counter and she had to look up the price in a book (no barcodes). According to the book they are £1.95 for 5! So £39 for 100 vintage English Wilkinsons! :icon_mad::icon_cry2:
I bought two five packs and guess I will buy a small amount as just an occasional treat. I was going to get some for you guys but I'm not sure I'd pay £39 for 100 of any blade! If anyone is interested I could pick up a few packs considering they're rare, and I'd be happy to add some of these to the vintage blades passaround Dodgy instigated.

Also curious how a new pharmacy got stock that's 1999 or older...

Don't buy any more, leave it a while then go back and and haggle. Ask them how quickly they expect to sell them because at that price you are not going to, then make them an offer for them all.

Going this way mostly I get them for around £1 a pack and they are just glad to liquidise stock that no one else would buy.

Worst case see if they meet you half way.

Yeah. Worth a shot. I did ask if they sold many and they said "not this type". Not sure if she meant the brand or DEs in general as they are the only DEs they sell! I'll keep an eye on how many they have left every few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom