"We will not be adding more blades"

"We will not be adding more blades" Saw this on a poster ad while I was driving to work. It's the new add campain by gillette for the pro glide. Apprently they are going to to give you a smoother more comfortable shave Hmmmm.

There's a thread somewhere already discussing the Proglide...

"We will not be adding more blades". Yeah, until Wilkinson sword add another one and then the race starts again. Bear this conversation in mind in two or three years when Gillette have indeed, amazingly, added more blades.

Five is already a ridiculous number, there was nothing wrong with two.

Even if the blades were super sharp there'd be the law of diminishing returns.

Also, you're using all the blades at once - with a DE you only use one side at a time, thus doubling your longevity.

The whole shift from straights to DE to cartridge to comic/ironic numbers of blades would make a great case study in certain aspects of capitalism.

These things are scattered all round my local tesco's. Displays everywhere you look.

When I think about it, a few months ago I would probably have bought one. It's like being a member of Alcoholics Anonymous (so they tell me).

"My name is Graham and I haven't shaved with a multiblade razor today."

I find them interesting..my dad uses Mach3 and he gets like 6-8 shaves with 1 blade..my dad gets them at Costco 14 for $25..its about $1.80 per blade..if he gets even 6 shaves from it..still damn cheap..just a thought..I dont think these things are evil by any means...but they work well for older folks who have trouble keeping good hand/eye coordination..I figure i will give myself another 30yrs of DE/SE/str8 razor uses then cave in... :lol: but who knows..my kids will take all my metal shaving gear then I will have to buy more!... :shock:

Blades

Back
Top Bottom