Weird One. Stopped Smoking - Awful Shaves.

YorkNeil, Congratulations shouldn't be needed, but CONGRATULATIONS.
You didn't say how you stopped, but as a 5 year success I recommend supervised drugs. After some difficulties in finding the right dosage, patches worked. Never been tempted, but I could always put on a weak patch. I can sit with my muso friends who smoke various plants without rancour.

BUT
I dribble when I pass a grapefruit since being prescribed Statins!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

One of he first things I noticed when I stopped was my gums bled a lot when cleaning my teeth I spoke with my dentist (hang on guy's this is going some where) and he told me that the temperature change in your mouth all be it small when you pull on a cigerette is enough to increase the production of kerrotine in your mouth makeing the mouth lining and gums Tougher,when you stop the levels return to normal and you need to adjust the pressure you brush your teeth with as your gums are not as tough as they would have been if you smoked. I was wondering if this effect could happen to ones face as well. When you look a some old boys who have smoked for years some of them have faces like old hot water bottles.

Splinters said:
One of he first things I noticed when I stopped was my gums bled a lot when cleaning my teeth I spoke with my dentist (hang on guy's this is going some where) and he told me that the temperature change in your mouth all be it small when you pull on a cigerette is enough to increase the production of kerrotine in your mouth makeing the mouth lining and gums Tougher,when you stop the levels return to normal and you need to adjust the pressure you brush your teeth with as your gums are not as tough as they would have been if you smoked. I was wondering if this effect could happen to ones face as well. When you look a some old boys who have smoked for years some of them have faces like old hot water bottles.

True enough and as good an explanation as any. As an update the main changes I had to make were a blade change, now using Personna Lab's after initial nightmares, and to make my passes even softer than they had been, which would tie in with the above.

Back
Top Bottom