Wetherspoons coffee

Wetherspoons are opening in Lymington next week. That was despite howls of protest because it is sited next to a graveyard and church and we don't think it's quite the thing we want in Lymington.

There was a huge protest about a pound shop - now one of the busiest High St stores.

It will no doubt be the same with Wetherspoons judging by the interest this morning.

At £1.15, the basic coffee is about half the price of what's on offer at other coffee shops.

What's it like?

Another iPhone 4S pic:

IMG_0037.jpg

Never had it and wouldn't bother tbh. The staff just will not be trained to a barista standard - not their fault, and the coffee itself will not be high grade. Just one more step in the march of the brands. We visit the lakes a few times a year and were apalled on our last visit at the new year to see the proliferation of formulaic big name food and drink outlets.

Support local and independent where you can.

Where do you go to buy furniture now, Fido?

I think we can safely blame Safeway! Time was when Lymington was neatly divided on a Tesco/Waitrose line. Safeway blurred that line and now look what has happened. A Pound Shop!! I guess all the Col.Blimps and Commodores walk about with noses out of shape these days? Still, there's always the RLYC to retire to for a modicum of peace and quiet, what!

Actually, the coffee isn't too bad usually. Normally Lavazza, I believe. However, the quality of the coffee is likely to be the least of your problems.....

Regards,

White.

Back
Top Bottom