What do you pay for a haircut ?

What is the cost of your haircut (before any tip)

• Free - cut or shave it myself

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Free - the missus, a friend or relative does it

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Under £5

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • £5 - £5.99

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • £6 to £7.99

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • £8 - £9.99

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • £10 - £11.99

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • £12 - £14.99

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • £15 - £19.99

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • £20 - £29.99

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • £30 - £49.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £50 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It costs me just £5 for a No. 2 buzz cut, eye brow trim, and ear tidy. To be honest, the number of times her boobs hit my head, and her overt flirting, I'd gladly pay double!! LOL

Used to live in London and, around 17 years ago, happily paid around £40 for a wash, cut, rinse and head massage - it was in Mayfair. Now pay £17 incl. tip but that's a cut only.

Geofnay said:
Used to live in London and, around 17 years ago, happily paid around £40 for a wash, cut, rinse and head massage - it was in Mayfair. Now pay £17 incl. tip but that's a cut only.

£40 for a haircut??? My god man, just how much were you investment bankers being paid back then!! LOL :icon_razz:

£5 for a 1 and a half clipper all over and a wash to get all the wee bits off.

I was thinking about this the other day and it has been the same price for the last 10 years.

I go every 2 weeks and I take my son every 4 weeks and his wet cut costs £8.

They are good people and I give them a decent tip at Christmas.

^ Ha :)

The Prime Minister pays £90 apparently. Eric Pickles cuts his own. Take from this what you will.

Reading back my earlier uncharitable comments about tipping, I want to clarify that it's not so much that I don't think anyone deserves a tip, but that there are so many people working for minimum wage, and in less pleasant jobs, that it's unfair that just a couple of job functions are still tipped, and (with the exception of waiting staff) those professions will be earning well more than NMW anyway.

Back
Top Bottom