What to Drink?

jds

I've been abstaining from alcohol since 1st January. Not a drop has passed my lips, partly to prove I can do it, partly to help as I train for a half marathon in March. Initially I said I would do it for 50 days and that day is now looming. I am now in two minds... remain on the wagon until after the run, or to mark the 50 days with an exceptional bottle of wine. I love Pinot Noir, so any recommendations out there, if I take that path?

Cheers, hic!

Jon

Barolo was under consideration and now Amarone is on the list too.... As I have spent exactly nil on alcohol for nigh on six weeks I feel a little extravagance can be justified, if I choose to imbibe before the run.

thanks gents...

Jon

jds said:
Barolo was under consideration and now Amarone is on the list too.... As I have spent exactly nil on alcohol for nigh on six weeks I feel a little extravagance can be justified, if I choose to imbibe before the run.

thanks gents...

Jon

You will be looking at approx £15.00 for either of these from Sainsburys or Asda but worth every penny IMHO.

Ah, those heady days of Barolo and Amarone! Almost reddish brown in the glass was the Barolo we stocked at the restaurant I played in as a student long agos and worlds apart. The Aussie Wolf Blass President's Selection was always popular and we stocked a particularly fine Fleurie but the Chateauneuf-du Pape was to die for.

If it were me, however, I'd reject the despicable foreign grape and plunge my senses into three pints of each of the following: Timothy Taylor's Landlord, Ruddles County & Gale's HSB. But then being me, I wouldn't be able to stop and the quaffing would continue probably involving several malts or luxury blends, more beer and perhaps a sloe gin or five until I was either bereft of funds or consciousness, usually both.

However, I have managed to make a good case for nothing stronger than tea these last ten years so would heartily advise that course as well as continuing with the water. Especially since then I won't need to imagine your sheer delight as those first genteel sips of amber nectar trickle deliciously down.

Back
Top Bottom