What's so magic about the Hydromagic?

Right! I've read that the Hydromagic is a wonderful thing and a long time coming with injector razors. It offers you the chance to wash the inside of the injector mechanism.

But I have a question ...

Do you do this before swapping blades only, or is this something you can do between shaves?

I ask because my Golden 500 holds onto the blades when you open up the Hydromagic mechanism but when I close it back up, the blade slips up over the blade stops - I have to hold the blade down to get it to catch behind the stops.

Again, is opening up the mechanism okay to do between shaves or should it be reserved for between changing blades?

apparently in the last photo, you need to use genuine hydromagic blades in order to use the cleaning function?

Paul ...... I've loved my one ever since I dragged it out of that cruddy lot of razors at the back of my cupboard. I've never left the mechanism open between shaves, though ...... or knew it was in the instructions, for that matter. In all the time I've been using it, it's spectacularly failed to fall to bits or spontaneously combust owing to my lack of attention to this function.

Shaves bloody great, mind.....

apparently in the last photo, you need to use genuine hydromagic blades in order to use the cleaning function?
All the Injector Razor Companies Espoused the Notion that the Consumer would get the Best Results from Using their Own Brand Name Blades..Its as Old as the Hills..o_O

There were Hydro Magic blades getting Sold at this Time but they were the Same as any other Injector Blade..Some Earlier Blades didn't have the Correct Alignment Slots.. The Hydro is a Bit more Aggressive than Later Schick Models because it has a Steeper Angle of Attack..The Head is More Curved & Easily Lends itself to at the Correct Angle for Women to Shave their Legs..:eek:

The Hydro Head was Utilized for Ladies Injector Models for this Reason..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom