Which models are these?

Hi! The first link is a 'Shovel Head' otherwise known as the 1924. Notice it has a short handle. That's more indicative of an earlier set. Notice also the handle screws into a pillar under the baseplate - I call this model a 'Pillar Base' as the later ones were entirely flat and the handle screwed into the baseplate itself. 1924 ish.

The second one is a 'Push Button'. Into the 1960s.

Hi! The first link is a 'Shovel Head' otherwise known as the 1924. Notice it has a short handle. That's more indicative of an earlier set. Notice also the handle screws into a pillar under the baseplate - I call this model a 'Pillar Base' as the later ones were entirely flat and the handle screwed into the baseplate itself. 1924 ish.

The second one is a 'Push Button'. Into the 1960s.
Thanks. Are they as mild and efficient as the 1912?

Thanks. Are they as mild and efficient as the 1912?

Personally, I don't like the later models ... the Pushbutton is a later model. The 1924 is a very nice razor and a good addition to a growing single edge collection. If you already have a 1912, the 1924 should be the next purchase!

Here's a link to a post I wrote identifying the differences between the various sub-versions of the 1924: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/ever-ready-1924-aka-shovel-head.33909/

Greetings

It is all a matter of personal taste, I can get a very good shave from both of those razors, the ER 1924 is (IMHO) a good deal more aggressive than the pushbutton but both razors are very straightforward to use, no tricks or quirks with either model.

Regards
Dick.

The 1924 came this morning. Slightly more aggressive than the 1912 but still incredibly smooth. Audio feedback, oh my word, it sings.
Only downside is the clip at the back but I'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom