Which soap for a wilky dish?

The Mrs brought me back a couple of items today, very much appreciated too!
One was the Wilky blue bowl (first soap!) and after one try (and a quick search) confirms that it is indeed rubbish and destined for the bin.
So I plan to ditch the wilky soap and replaced it. BUT what do I go for?
Are all soaps the same size?
I did like the smell though!

cheers

Erasmic ... you get a free bowl with the soap :D

Palmolive sticks at about 50p a shot are great! Get a couple and while Mrs isn't looking, grate it into your bowl, tamp down and use it as a regular puck of shaving soap. Clean the grater, everyone is none the wiser ... until you get a subtle hint of palmolive in your grated cheese.

I'd stay away from the Erasmic. I've found its performance quite hit and miss with it mostly being a miss. Agree with the Palmolive shout. I'd also try MWF or the Kent puck from John Lewis if there is one near you. It's the same but cheaper.

Wickham soaps are also very good as are the Italian soaps like Cella et al.

rowlers said:
The Mrs brought me back a couple of items today, very much appreciated too!
One was the Wilky blue bowl (first soap!) and after one try (and a quick search) confirms that it is indeed rubbish and destined for the bin.
So I plan to ditch the wilky soap and replaced it. BUT what do I go for?
Are all soaps the same size?
I did like the smell though!

cheers

When next in the same shop ask her to pick up a Palmolive shaving stick for
£1. Use the middle grade on a cheese grater* to grate it into the bowl and squeeze/form
it in with wet fingers.

*Don't use the big holes, I did that thinking it would speed things up. It did but
the results aint pretty.

pjgh said:
Erasmic ... you get a free bowl with the soap :D

Palmolive sticks at about 50p a shot are great! Get a couple and while Mrs isn't looking, grate it into your bowl, tamp down and use it as a regular puck of shaving soap. Clean the grater, everyone is none the wiser ... until you get a subtle hint of palmolive in your grated cheese.
I considered the Palmolive stick approach but fancy trying something different. MWF seems well suggested?
Palmolive scented cheese sounds awesome!

Shemen Zait said:
Have a look please at this genuine/genius suggestion from Ned Lud on a similar thread from few days ago:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-26019-page-2.html

I'm loving the idea and will probably do this anyway, but I'm liking the idea of trying this:
http://www.shaving.ie/products/muhle-sea-buckthorn-soap-refill.html

Also instead of chucking the Wilkinson soap in the bin, place it in your drawer or closet where you keep your clothes or underwear. Makes them smell nice, so the soap and money not wasted.

Sezer74 said:
Also instead of chucking the Wilkinson soap in the bin, place it in your drawer or closet where you keep your clothes or underwear. Makes them smell nice, so the soap and money not wasted.

Great Idea.
Done :)

Back
Top Bottom