Wholly Kaw experiences?

Early days but I've just tried to whip up some WK Lav sublime with a boar, in a bowl. Tbh I found it to be very light and moussey... if that's a thing? Not very thick and slick. Unstable, disappointing.
I've had a similar problem with LPL (Fougere)
Am I doing something wrong with these soaps?

I'm not sure about WK but I really like LPL. I tend to shake most of the water out of the brush, load for around 30 seconds and build the lather up slowly by adding a few drops of water at a time.

Post shave is superlative, but lathering takes time to get right. I use synthetics, lathering straight from the tub, and found that it needed a lot of water and a lot of elbow grease - very similar to croaps e.g. Vitos

I have WK Fougere Bouquet. Fantastic scent and excellent performance (Siero base). I can get soaps that also smell great and perform just as well for less money. I won't rule out buying some on the BST in the future but I wouldn't buy another new one.

I'm encouraged to hear about good WK performance and will try a synth with it today. BST is also a good suggestion. Having not bought anything for quite sometime... a year perhaps, I bought a Moon soaps Havana. I loved it but it definitely kick started an uncontrolable acquisition craving. I had to laugh when I read the Restraint thread, too late obviously. The WK is the first to arrive and I'll post the bunch of stuff on acquisitions. Then I'm done.... hopefully it was only a brief relapse.

Grateful for the advice guys. Much less disappointed with the WK Lav Sublime now. I face lathered today with a Yaqi Pharoah 28... plenty of slick suds. Reminds me a bit of Wickhams but much stronger scent. Perhaps too strong but an excellent shave though.
I'll try the same with the LPL next time.

Back
Top Bottom