Wilkinson Sword Empire Replate

Had this a little while now and had always intended to re-plate it, once I finally got round to setting up the plating kit I'd bought myself a while ago. Well finally it's day has arrived! Sorry there's no before shots :icon_sad:

Pretty chuffed with how it's turned out. I had a few false starts with the set up, however it looks like I'm getting there now :)

Wilkinson Sword Empire

That's very pretty. Makes me wonder about some of mine, as almost all have some degree of plate loss, especially where the blade retaining clip slides across.

I still think they are one of the most impressive razors I've ever seen, although perhaps not to everyone's taste. And, despite appearances, mine still shave really well with a tweaked SE blade.

One day I shall work out how to get a good edge on the original blades!

RE: Wilkinson Sword Empire

Hippo said:
Had this a little while now and had always intended to re-plate it, once I finally got round to setting up the plating kit I'd bought myself a while ago. Well finally it's day has arrived! Sorry there's no before shots :icon_sad:

Pretty chuffed with how it's turned out. I had a few false starts with the set up, however it looks like I'm getting there now :)

How much do you charge for replating one of those?

Back
Top Bottom