Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.

Now, I know this soap doesn’t get a lot of love mainly due to its inability to give a good lather.
Today I felt inspired, or I read it somewhere, to score the top of the soap, as it’s usually very smooth, using a small screwdriver.
It may have been luck but I managed to whip up a damn good lather.
Anybody tried this ?

Dave.

I can see the logic in this, if it’s so smooth from the factory my brain (and I’m a bear of very little brain) then the brush picks up less product.

Now, I know this soap doesn’t get a lot of love mainly due to its inability to give a good lather.
Today I felt inspired, or I read it somewhere, to score the top of the soap, as it’s usually very smooth, using a small screwdriver.
It may have been luck but I managed to whip up a damn good lather.
Anybody tried this ?

Dave.
I got this ages ago but haven't got round to using it yet, was it your first time using it?

Btw you on about the black tub? I think they did a blue tub shaving soap too

I got this ages ago but haven't got round to using it yet, was it your first time using it?

Btw you on about the black tub? I think they did a blue tub shaving soap too
It was the black tub and it was my second time trying to get it to lather, the first time it just didn’t work.
There was a blue tub and I saw some yesterday in home bargains for £1.99.

Dave.

Reactions: saj
I had thought about giving it a go .....again, but I can't find a list of ingredients anywhere

According to Amazon: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Coconut Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool

My guess is that, if you pop into a store and peel the label to the base, it will confirm the ingredients. The sodium lauryl sulfate would be a no for me, also the parabens.

Current issue black tub (grey/silver label):
Aqua, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Ethylparaben, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool

Previous blue tub:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Coconut Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene & Linalool

Older black tub with green label:
Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Ethylparaben

... all taken from the actual bowls.

Back
Top Bottom