Wilkinsons (WILKO) own brand Twin Razor

Well my quest for my holiday razor began here.

Throughout all my cartridge reviews, in order to keep things far I will be using Arko Commando shaving cream, Burlington shaving brush, post shave with alum, witch hazel and Arko Commando balm.

For £1.50 for the razor and five blades I thought "you can't go wrong".

And you know what, for that price, no you can't.

That is even though the handle on the razor is rubber and feels horrible. The cartridge on the the razor itself wobbles around like anything and you think it is going to fall off as you shave and overall while you are gliding this thing around your face you feel like you have a big bit of lego in your hand.

While shaving with this razor I found I did need to push it down a wee bit, unlike a DE where I let the razor do the work I had think more here.

The razor did not feel blunt at all but there was no "shoosh" like you get from a DE. It just felt functional which for this price is actually very good as I have in the past tried some cheap pound shop razors and they fell at the functionality fence. There was no tugging or scraping while shaving.

After one WTG and one ATG pass I would say that it was a 7 out of 10 for BBS. I could get smoother I suspect with lots of buffing but then that would be against the point of a quick cartridge shave!

After applying the alum, after the shave, my face stung more than after a DE shave which I didnt expect.

Anyway, do I recommend this. Yes, for the price. It is very good for what you pay and I think the replacement carts are £2 for 10. It wont do anything for your pampering or shaving experience but you will get a shave!

Back
Top Bottom