windscreen chip -- autoglass? Other options?

I've always used Autoglass for chips and not had any issues. None have spread.

I did give them a tough time with an old SAAB 900 which had brown tinted glass - the tints came in brown, green and blue. I was asked the colour of the tint (which boded well), "Green?", I was asked. "Brown", I replied. When it came to another phonecall when they ordered it, "Green?", I was asked. "Brown", I replied. When it came to fitting ... yes, it was green. The issue was remedied and the glass fitted the next day. Lovely to have a new screen.

Just a heads up, a repaired chip or a replacement screen are both classed as claims on your insurance policy.
Don't forget to disclose them at your renewel ;)

Get a kit and DIY it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-5198-Windshield-Repair-Kit/dp/B005I4ZBXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419950948&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+chip+repair+kit

Thanks lads. if it counts as a claim then surely they will already know about it? Autoglass will be "claiming" directly from the insurers and I'll pay the excess so why do I need to declare something that they will already have dealt with? Or am I being thick?

Rev-O said:
Thanks lads. if it counts as a claim then surely they will already know about it? Autoglass will be "claiming" directly from the insurers and I'll pay the excess so why do I need to declare something that they will already have dealt with? Or am I being thick?

No you are right nothing to do, they will no doubt log it on a central information type register so any other insurer will also know you have made a claim. At least this way you get a brand new screen.

Northam Saint said:
antdad said:
Get a kit and DIY it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-5198-Windshield-Repair-Kit/dp/B005I4ZBXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419950948&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+chip+repair+kit

I've used one before, worked great. So good it was difficult to spot.

Like Jaycey said it does count as a claim.

I used that kit about 18 months ago on my Mini and it is still going strong. The "free" windscreen repair is a bit of a con tbh as when you declare it your insurance renewal can go up.

Rev-O said:

On my last renewal Ollie one of the questions was "Have you made any claims in the last 5 years including windscreen replacement" . So they do ask, so you have to declare it. Other insurers may not of course.........:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom