Woodhead Scuttles

Just ordered my Scuttle #4T (now don't dare tot up how much I've spent this month, just consoling myself with the fact that hopefully most of these are one off purchases!)

Any Woodhead owners care to add any tips, advice or general reviews of their scuttles?

Tips, well i have his 4t flat bowl, i find it to be the perfect size for all my brushes.

Plus as it's a bowl i hold it in my palm, with my thumb through the handle, making it very easy to whip up a nice lather.

Very sturdy too, at first i thought the asking price was a bit rich but i couldn't be happier, really adds to the whole shaving experience for me.

I can't recommend those scuttles enough I have the #3B (I think) it is a massive scuttle but makes such a lovely lather no matter what brush I use, there top notch quality to me and can see it lasting a life time (unless I have a wee accident with it or buy a new one). :lol:

I have the Shaving Mug Bowl Scuttle #2T and find it is a perfect size for my brushes. Works a treat too and brilliant through winter. Enjoy your experiments. I found its best not to get the scuttle too hot as it can dry the lather.

I bought a #6W mug/bowl from him a few weeks ago. It arrived very quickly and I couldn't be happier with both the look of it and how well the lather is produced when using it :)

Going to be putting a scuttle from him on my Christmas list ;)

I'm another who has a lather bowl from this gentleman, and I use it much as Huxley does his. It's the main reason why I prefer bowl-lathering to face-lathering, at least when using creams.

It's arrived today!

Have to admit it's not as deep as I was expecting, but then I'd never seen one so was only comparing it against my nibbles bowl.

Lovely ridges in it though to hold the lather. Beautifully finished and amazingly well packaged so overall I'm a very happy bunny.

Will give it a run out tomorrow morning.

They are really good bowls and scuttles. I had a bowl made then knocked it off the shelf and broke it, got Steve to make me another so I liked it enough to replace mine.

Am sure you will feel like a toff tomorrow.

I have one of his bowls I got fed up of hitting the brush on the bowl I used to use. Great product, the swirls make lathering easy and it floats in the sink so keeps it warm............ :D :D

I'll be amazed if you don't love it.

I was lathering up in a £2 Sainsburys nibbles bowl before which did the job OK, but it's only since using the scuttle that I realised how poor it really was!

Also, as I've said, when it gets colder warm lather on the second and third passes will be a real luxury. :D

Well, my new bowl arrived yesterday and I must say it looks wonderful, Steve has done a very good job yet again. Will be using it for the first time this evening and I can't wait :)

Back
Top Bottom